Chalk Newton Geoscience is an outdoor learning business, operating from field locations in south west England and various classroom training locations in Dorset.
We recognise our learning programs result in emissions to air and water, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements to reduce the environmental impact of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management, office tasks, transportation, classroom and field activities. The Company’s Principal Officer is responsible for ensuring that this policy is implemented. However, all employees and sub-contractors have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and reach our targets.
During 2021 we wish to:
- Completely remove the provision to customers of plastic beverage packaging for field-study activities.
- Establish a carbon offset program to account for the company’s carbon gas emissions caused during field-study activities.
- Establish FSC-certification for paper supplies and printing.
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following time-framed targets:
- Source plastic-free packaged beverage from local suppliers by October 2021.
- Calculate carbon footprint data for every field study day as they are planned. Establish carbon offset payment plans by December 2021.
- Source FSC-certified paper supplies by September 2021.
Monitoring and Auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through pre-scheduled management meetings.
This environmental policy is published on our website at https://www.chalknewtongeoscience.com. If you wish to obtain a copy or would like to discuss our progress and objectives, please contact email@example.com.
This policy is reviewed and updated annually.
Last Update: July 2021.