Our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme helps professional geoscientists to maintain existing and develop new technical competences, for the mutual benefit of individual careers and company growth.
There are currently two levels of learning, Knowledge Building and Master Class.
Knowledge Building is aimed at developing knowledge and understanding in a topic outside of the learners’ areas of expertise and familiarity. Participants will build an awareness and knowledge of the study topic.
- Introduction to Geology
- Engineering Geology for Non-Geoscientists
- Petroleum Geology for Non-Geoscientists
- Carbon Storage for Non-Geoscientists
Master Class provides a much deeper level of investigation and encourages the participants to build skills that lead to independent working with a high-degree of competence and understanding.
- Basin Analysis of the Wessex-Channel Basin
- Alluvial Sedimentology of East Devon
- Shallow Carbonate Sedimentology
- Chalk Sedimentology
- Petroleum Biostratigraphy
- Petroleum Geochemistry